Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 2

Alright. So, here I am. Exhausted because my 8 month old child woke up every 2 hours last night. He's getting 4 teeth in at the same time, so he's a bit fussy. I'm a bit fussy. I need a nap.

Anyway, my morning started off busy, busy, busy! I wanted to get all my household chores done before my mom came up for the day so I could relax with her and do some other things around the house sans baby. So, I rushed around the house sweeping, mopping, doing dishes, making beds, taking out the trash, etc. and downed two cups of joe with that tasty but terrible creamer. I need to quit that stuff. Pronto.

After the little one went down for a nap I realized I had not eaten breakfast, and my tummy was talkin' smack for ignoring it. I gorged myself on an apple, parmesan cheese (super tasty nuked for about 30 seconds... make your own little cracker! yum!), and peanut butter, not exactly in that order, and another cup of coffee. Needless to say, this ruined my caloric intake for the morning.

To compensate, I had a smaller lunch and will have just a delicious spinach salad for dinner. 1200 calorie rule for the day will not be broken. I am strong. I will not overeat! My brain may say I need more, but I know my stomach does not! Get in the game, brain! C'mon!

So far today I have had 4 big glasses of water and NO soda! It's ah-maz-ing! Really. I'm not even craving it, like I usually do.

My husband, Scott, and I are planning a bathroom renovation this weekend. We've bought our new whirlpool, corner tub, tile, new fixtures and hardware. However, we're missing a huge part of the bathroom: the vanity and sink! Last night we went on a little trip to our local...(okay, so really, it's 30 minutes away, in another town, in another state, but whatever) Home Depot to see what we could see. On the way there, in the silence that came after the "how was your day?" type of questions and answers were done with, I mentioned that I started a blog. I explained to him why and what it was about. Told him I was kinda excited and it was motivating. Ever the realist, he asked "So, did you workout today?" Crap. Caught me. No. I did not. I meant to, but baby Bo's nap did not last as long as I thought it would have... (usually an hour - hour and a half -- 30 MINUTES! UGH!) His reply, "Maybe, instead of blogging, you should hop on that treadmill... it's only 10 feet away from your computer..." Thanks, babe. Thanks a lot. He's got a point, though. I've been very good at talking about what I'm going to do and then never do it. However, now that he has called me out, I have to do it. Actually, we decided to get fit together. We're going to break out the EA Active for the Wii again, and give that a go after Bo goes to bed, and during the day I'm going to use one nap time to give that treadmill a workout!

So, guess what I'm going to do right after the last punctuation mark is in place? That's right, nothing. HA! Just kidding! That dusty treadmill and I have a date.

No comments:

Post a Comment