Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I need a do-over.

It's been a few days since I've sat down to gather my thoughts, catalog my emotions and re-prioritize my life.

Since we have been doing this bathroom renovation it's been a loud, messy household with fast meals and a definite lack of sleep. It's been easier while running around town to grab something on the go, and easier to throw something in the oven instead of going to the store for fresh, healthier options that I desperately need to shop for. I haven't been too healthy and I feel it. Today I feel like crap.

On top of not feeling physically well, I am feeling guilty. I'm letting myself down. I haven't worked out at all since starting the bathroom. I justify it in my mind by telling myself I've been busy. I did some tiling, I knocked out some drywall, I've mudded and taped walls and have done a whole lot of cleaning.. yeah, my body is sore, but I know I haven't burned enough calories to make up for any crappy thing I've eaten.

I must get back in the right frame of mind. I must remember my little black dress. I must stop making excuses (ie. just because I throw spinach on a home-made pizza does not make it healthy, however delicious...). I must go to the grocery store... ha ha...

Here is some of the work we've done on the bathroom:
Our color scheme and tile! Can't wait! It's going to be so pretty!

Floor tile, without grout


My drywall mudding skills... needs a sand still!
Tub again

The tub in place and floor tile

On a brighter note, I sold one of my favorite cards (Love, Meg Cards), which reminds me that I need to build up my stock a bit. Something to look forward to! I love crafting!

8x4 card, felted and stitched bird, rub-on transfer "Congratulations"


Oh, and Bo, my little guy, now has 3 top teeth. A 4th one is on it's way! He's growing so fast. I can't believe he's 8 months old... It's gone by so quickly.
My sweet 8 month old. I love him SO much.

No comments:

Post a Comment