Tuesday, April 12, 2011

25% chance? Would you?

Sorry I've been missing for a few days. I've been busy. Good news, I've finally made a new friend here! Well, she lives about 40 minutes away, but that's not too bad. We have a lot in common and I'm so glad I found someone I finally just *click* with and it's not a forced friendship in any way! :)

Bad news, I hurt myself. Thursday or Friday I hurt my back. Saturday I ran and hurt it worse. Now it seems I have a pinched nerve or something in my lower back. Pain shooting up my back and down my thighs every time I walk! Luckily, it's not so bad that I'm bed-ridden, but running/exercising is out of the question. Or was. I think I'm going to try my luck on the treadmill tonight. After all, I've made a commitment to myself and can't go too long without activity before becoming a bum again.

The scale isn't moving. I'm right where I've been for the past 2-3 weeks it seems. I guess once my back is completely better I need to step it up and do more than what I have been doing. Obviously, 30 minutes of C25K and 20-30 minutes of other activity on rest nights isn't cutting it. I think I will add another workout to each night. Hopefully that will help get those numbers moving down again.

This is a bit sensitive, but I want some input from others here.  As you may or may not know, I almost died giving birth to my first son. There was heavy bleeding and a diagnosis of preeclampsia after delivery which landed me in the ICU for a couple days. Now, my husband and I are talking about having another baby. Of course I'm excited about the idea of another pregnancy, another little one, but I'm TERRIFIED. I've been researching what the chances of preeclampsia are during a 2nd pregnancy, and can't say it's been any help in reassuring me. There is a 20-25% chance that I will have preeclampsia again. Probably a bit more because I am still overweight. The percentage increases the longer I wait between pregnancies. What would you do if you were in my shoes? Would you have another? Would you call it good at one?

Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment