Monday, April 18, 2011

Mini goal REACHED

A while ago I posted a mini-goal. My mini goal was to be down 5 lbs by Easter. Well, I did it! In fact, I surpassed it! The day before going "reward" shopping (really, it was more necessity shopping), I had lost a total of 6 pounds! Woohoo! Go me! I am now down a whole 25 lbs!

I got some sexy new jeans and tops in a size smaller (even bought a shirt from American Eagle...(woah, I know... skinny store!). I also bought new running shoes and now I cannot wait for my workout tonight.

My sister and I had a wonderful time. We talked a lot about fitness, health, life, love, music, my son, our parents... I learned some new things about her and hoped she learned something about me.

I also made really good food choices this weekend, which you all know is hard while away from home and eating out.

Yesterday, Sunday, was my dad's birthday. While the year on his birth certificate says he turned 63, he still looks and acts like a 50 year old man! He is an active apnea swimmer, which means he swims under water for as far as he can go. He competes and even held the US Record for farthest distance without fins! He can go about 5 or 6 laps in an olympic sized pool. Amazing, right? Anyway, to say that swimming is a huge part of his life would be an understatement. So, for his birthday, I thought he would love to take his first grandson (MY boy) swimming for the first time! We had a great time and Bo loved the water. He splashed and kicked and marveled at all the other kids in the pool!

All in all, it was a great weekend. Lots of non-scale victories and love. My self confidence is at an all-time high right now and I feel wonderful. While leaving Lane Bryant with my bag full of goodies, a sales clerk said "Thank you, ladies! Hope to see you again soon!" and I thought "I don't!" I like that.

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you!! Feels so amazing when you reach any sort of goal. We need to see a pic of you in your new outfit!

    ReplyDelete