Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Back on track.

After a weekend that wasn't so healthy, I am finally back on track. I'm back to the weight I was at before the girl scout cookies, beer, wine, and party food. I am relieved. I do not want to fail myself again. I was so afraid that I was going to give in to the little thoughts rattling around in my brain, "Go ahead, have a soda, eat some m&m's...you've already failed..." BUT I didn't. I did not. I held strong.

I am not going to fail myself.

Earlier today, I was thinking about how I need a "fat" friend. All of my new friends here are skinny. Skinny and beautiful. They're wonderful and I enjoy the time we spend together, but I feel HUGE and UGLY next to them. I wish there was someone who was more my size and wanted to be my workout buddy. It's no fun going it all alone. Throwing myself a pity party here, sorry. I guess I'm just a little lonely... A lot lonely for someone who is where I am.

I was also thinking about this blog. Thinking about WHY I am writing it. I am not a very good writer. I've known this forever and have come to terms with it. I'm not very funny, insightful or inspiring. I'm okay with that. I guess, I'm writing this for myself.  The fact that someone else can see it, that someone else can read it, merely holds me accountable for the goals I'm setting and, well, correct grammar. Accountability is good. Doing something for myself is good. Together, they are great.

2 comments:

  1. meg i think you're a great writer! i enjoy your blog so much! keep up the good work!! you will get to your goal!

    and you're very inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete